Ralph Thornton Centre
765 Queen St. E.
Winter 2017 8-week series
Jan 14th- March 4th
Spring series coming soon! Contact us for more information!
In Forma Theatre and Rainbow Rhythm Kids Present:
Imagine Play! The Stories that Move Us
We have expanded our Imagine IF class and adding a program designed specifically for toddlers 2-3 years old, along with their caregivers. This exciting class will be offered in partnership with Rainbow Rhythm Kids !
Join us as we explore our favourite children’s stories through dramatic play, imaginative discovery, song, movement and rhythm building activities. You and your child will become storytellers and develop early acting skills in this interactive class. During each 45 min class, toddlers will be encouraged to share and explore the outer reaches of their imaginations. Every week we will workshop a different story and explore characters, sound patterns, landscapes, and themes connected with the story. Caregivers will be encouraged to jump in and play along with us!
Our classes will support your child by:
* Building social skills and confidence in, interacting with others; cultivating social and emotional awareness; co-operation; sharing ideas; problem-solving
* Language development, communication, and literacy skills through song, stories and a variety of rhythms and patterns
* Body awareness through guided and spontaneous movement exercises
* Imaginative play through character development and abstract thinking
Our classes will support you by:
* Building imaginative landscapes with your child
* Learning about a variety of children’s literature and how to support literacy with your child
* Playing and being present
* Expanding on skills to support your child in transitioning, calming and imagining (using pretend play to work through challenging situations)
* Finding new and fun ways to engage your child without the use of screen time
Co-artistic Director of In Forma Theatre, Sara has a Masters in Education and a B.F.A. in Theatre Direction. Mother of an energetic 2.5-year-old, Sara wanted to develop a program that would ignite excitement and encourage the development of toddlers through drama and the arts.
Sarah Rainbow Heart Hawthorn:
Creator and facilitator of Rainbow Rhythm Kids, Sarah is a Registered Early Childhood Educator, B.A, mom and nursery school teacher with over 12 years of experience inspiring and being inspired by children. Her love and connection to the natural world, storytelling and music infuses every class.